Friday, August 24, 2007

Those Eyes...




August 24
Hello! Not much new to report here in Kazakhstan. We enjoyed our evening out to dinner with friends at the Rainbow Café. Ethan had pork kabobs and I had chicken and mushrooms. The food was very tasty, but best of all good times with new friends. It is so helpful on this long trip to have the companionship of others who are going through the same process. Tonight there is a group of ten of us going out to the Boulevard, where we went Tuesday night. My thoughts are that we should enjoy going out now, because once we got custody, I really do not think we will be taking Caleb out for nice dinners. I do not see that going well. Speaking of Caleb, he was in a much better mood today. We entered his room and for the fourth morning in a row he was asleep. Ethan and I decided just to let him sleep. He awoke about 30 minutes later and was a new little man today compared with yesterday. He really is doing great; there is just not much else to say. He is eating well, interacting with us, smiling, and becoming stronger every day. We love him deeply.
Well, it is about 5:30 pm here and the horns are getting started, the weddings are in full swing. Ethan and I are preparing ourselves for some sleepless nights this weekend as the parties get cranked up. Oh well. Tomorrow we are going on a driving tour of the city. I look forward to that as the more we can learn about our son’s birthplace the better.
Happy Weekend!
Mary

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, what a beautiful child. What else is there to say? We love him so much.

Anonymous said...

Re: the picture labeled "Those Eyes". I say rather, "Those cheeks." They are just BEGGING for pinching. I can hardly contain myself!

Lori said...

Love these pictures, but I have so many favorites out of the ones posted. I am so happy for the three of you. Mary, enjoy those wonderful temperatures while you can. Maybe by the time Ethan & Caleb make it home it will have cooled off. Enjoy the time with your sweet baby. We are praying for you. Love, Lori

Rhonda said...

Mary and Ethan,
Sorry , I am behind on my comments, but I have been reading and getting caught up. It sounds like ya'll are having a great time and I can't wait to taste cherry juice and vodka. Dance your heart out, Mary !!
I clipped Camille's finger when she was an infant and I know terrible it makes you feel. Now, she's at college: cherish every moment because they go by so FAST.
I can't wait to see him in person (and y'll, too). Love, Rhonda

Anonymous said...

Sweet, sweet pictures!
I'm glad you guys are forging new friendships and that you've had so much QT with each other. Plus the cheap spa treatments. It all sounds amazing...the experience of a lifetime. I'm loving every minute of it and hanging on every word! Give Caleb a little squeeze from me.
Love you guys.
Heather

Anonymous said...

from Ashley
Just thought you'd like to know that Caleb is so cute even Taylor Black (13 year old 8th grader) is checking out the blog! Seriously! We are ALL loving being a part of this journey.
Its absolutely wonderful to hear how you've connected with other folks and making such special memories of your time in Kaz...don't these kids have a talent for changing our lives in unimaginable ways?
Love to all three of you!
Ashley ( & the boyz)