Friday, August 24, 2007

Our Boy Teething



August 23
Life in Kazakhstan is good today. We spent our morning with a bit of a fussy baby. He is getting in two teeth, so I think that contributes. His little personality continues to develop. It is a blessing to see the child that God has hand picked for us. We look forward to having him with us all the time. Last night a big group of us played pool in our hotel. We had a great time. It was a good distraction from the loud party that was going on here at the hotel. At midnight, Ethan and I were walking back to our hotel room and heard the music just blasting away. We decided to peak our heads into the party hall, there were FIVE people in the room. Five, with the music turned up as loud as it could be. I slept with earplugs in, plus the static on the radio. I am glad for Ethan’s sake that he will be moving to an apartment in a couple of weeks. The hotel is nice, but the sound volume at night is starting to be a bit of a nuisance.
This afternoon I went to a spa and got a facial and pedicure. It was wonderful. Hands down the best I have ever had, I walked out of the spa and only had to pay $35.00. I figure, while I am here I might as well take advantage of the inexpensive activities. Oh, an interesting occurrence today just to kind of give you a glimpse of life here. We were driving back from the hospital with our driver and translator. We were in the fast lane of a four lane street. A car, Musweet pulled out into our lane from a parking lot across the street, cutting us off. Our driver honked his horn, but the Muskweet ignored it. So, our driver put the car in park in the road, got out and walked up to the guy in the Muskweet, with traffic zooming around and yelled at him. We Americans were all watching with our mouths open, our translator said “Well, he broke the rules”. Our driver got back into our car, put it in drive and we sped away. The Muskweet drove very slowly behind us thereafter following the “rules”. I will send you a picture of a Muskweet tomorrow. Tonight we are going out to eat with a big group of friends for chicken. I hear it is hot in Chattanooga; we are enjoying weather in the low 70s during the day and high 50s at night and rain everyday. Sorry everyone, that is one advantage of being in thy, Kazakhstan.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ethan and Mary,
Wow!! He is just sooo cute! He seems to really enjoy the camera. It was so nice talking with you both while in Chatt. I am so happy for the both of you and can't wait to meet the little guy. I also have to agree with some of the other posts. Enjoy the weather you are having because hot is not the word for Chatt!! Anyway, til next time.
Love, Aunt Shelly