Thursday, August 9, 2007

Pictures of Our Caleb

This is our view from our hotel room in Kokshetau

Ethan and I in Almaty in the morning before leaving for Kokshetau










Ethan and I on the Kak 40 plane:Almaty to Kokshetau








My Son and I on our first meeting!!!








Ethan, Caleb and I with Dr. Victoria and the Ministry of Education








Our Boy!!!










Ethan and Caleb



Caleb and I






Our hotel in Kokshetau
















The Yak 40 Plane








My baby boy!!!









August 9
Greetings!

Thank you all for your kind words and excitement in our joy. Today we had a great visit with Caleb. He was happy to see us and full of smiles. We spent the entire time holding him, he b/c a little fussy when we laid him down, so we figured, we only get to spend 2 hours a day with him, he needs to be held. We had exercise time, camera time and tummy time. Surprising to us, but when we layer him on his belly he showed us that he is crawling now. He just scooted his little self across the mattress we had laid on the floor, no problem. Of course, we got the video camera out to capture this and then he just sat there on all four and looked at us until we turned the camera off and then he started again. We were able to feed him, sour milk. Yuck, tomorrow we are adding rice cereal to his formula with vitamins. At the end he was able to go to sleep in my arms and I just laid him in his crib and we quietly left. The nurse was on standby, as they expected him to cry when we left. Luckily he was asleep with his taggy blanket. He is beyond our expectations, sweet, loving and interactive.

As to the rest of the day, we awoke at 4:30 am, better than the day before. Had exercise time, Ethan has become my personal trainer for the trip. I am so sore currently that I can barely move. We had breakfast here at the hotel, which was good, thankfully there was Nescafe coffee. We then had our visit with Caleb and met our "travel partners", a couple from Virginia. They are kind, adopting a little boy. We went to the grocery store and got food so we don't have to eat out as much, nutella, bread, fish in a can (for Ethan) and fruit. I am happy that they have carbonated water everywhere here, my Peria is everywhere! They call it "water with gas" here. And that is about it. We will eat in tonight; watch a movie and count down the hours until we get to see our son again.
Thank you to everyone at UOHA, your post have meant so much to know that you are all thinking and praying for us.
Mary

14 comments:

elizabeth said...

Hi Collier family!
What a cute little family you are! I love the pictures. The look on both your faces is priceless. Thank you for sending so many pictures. He is a precious boy. Mare--we miss you. Take care of each other and our baby. love, e

nikki b said...

oh my goodness...he is sooo cute and looks like a Collier! thank you for sharing your special moments with us. i look forward to the post each day.
nikki

Lori said...

Hey Mary & Ethan-
Love the pictures with you and Caleb! It is so unbelievable seeing you interacting with your baby! Give him hugs from all of us. Hope your movie night was great. Tell Ethan with the food choices & him as a personal trainer you are going to come back skinnier than ever! Praying for your safety, health & happiness as you spend time with your baby! Lori

Anonymous said...

He is a beautiful little boy! It is so great to hear from you and see pictures.
Give him a big hug and kiss from his Pippa.

brenda said...

hey mary and ethan!!! we are so excited for you guys. He is absolutely beautiful!!!! we can't wait to see the little guy and hold him. The pictures are adorable. thank you so much for sharing them with us. we are glad to see you and ethan so excited to see your baby boy for the first time. God stay with you both on your journey to bring little Caleb home to his family. Alicia,Carlyn,Brenda and Wendy

Rhonda said...

Hey Mary and Ethan!
I am so excited for ya'll. The pictures are great and the look of love is evident. Sounds like the food is just what you like. Enjoy and thanks for keeping us updated!

Anonymous said...

He's so cute and he looks like he just fits perfectly in the family. I was brought to tears as I read how happy you are- I can hear it in your writing as though you are speaking to me. (You know how I'm not a crier- so that is a lot from me) :) Keep sending us pictures and letters- we love you so much and are so excited!

Anonymous said...

Caleb is beautiful!!! Your family is complete now (until the next little bundle of joy). I love the picture of your first meeting, the love in your eyes is so obvious. Take care...Georja

Jodi said...

Ahhhh ... Caleb is adorable - but then I think all the babies from Kokshetau are!! It's wonderful to see the love in your faces.

Glad you are settling in - I promise you'll get use to the food and lodgings (and driving) and feel like a local in no time.

Thanks again for taking over the pictures and updates for us - we really appreciate it.

Enjoy each minute (remember to go bowling some day!) and take tons of pictures. I look forward to following along.

Best,
Jodi, Bob and Owen Mechem

Anonymous said...

this is Jack Dutton. i hope you are having fun in kazikstn. we are excited to meet cousin caleb. i am in first grade. tell caleb that. i love caleb. he is cute.
love, jack and joe and cooper.

Gina said...

my favorite picture is the one labeled "Our boy"..I know this may sound sappy, but honestly, I think he looks like Ethan?? Mary, you and I have talked alot about "mommie-hood"..what a wonderful adventure you are beginning..isn't it weird how natural it feels? miss you, g

Anonymous said...

The pictures are amazing. Caleb seems to be so comfortable in your arms. Can't wait until you bring him home to meet the Cuz's. Take Care my friends. See you at the Boat House in 5 days (hee hee- I got your wonderful card- thanks!!). Laurie

Anonymous said...

Mary, I can't stop looking at the pictures. He really does look like a Collier. Dad and baby's haircuts look amazingly alike !!! I look forward to the updates each day and can't wait to see Caleb in person. Love you much.

Anonymous said...

Hey Ethan and Mary, you guys look like such a wonderful family! Caleb looks like he is growing so much. We are so happy that the bonding has been so easy for all of you. Your childs cry is unlike any others and for the rest of your life you will always be able to tell, you dont just hear it you feel it in your heart and your are anxious to confort it. our thoughts and prayers are with all of you. love, Gaby & Matt