Tuesday, September 18, 2007

An Update From Chattanooga



September 18
Update from Chattanooga
I thought I would send out a quick update from home for those of you who have followed the blog. I have readjusted back to life here rather quickly. Kokshetau seems like it is a mere memory. I arrived home on a Monday after a tearful 24 hour goodbye to my son and husband and returned to work on Tuesday. It was a good decision to dive right back into life. It has kept my mind busy and helped the days to pass quickly. I am currently still working on the nursery. The return date is set for 9-26 at 7:20 pm, and I am afraid I am making people a little nervous regarding this nursery issue. For some reason, it just felt wrong to complete a nursery before we obtained custody of a child. I kept thinking to myself, what if something goes wrong? Deep down there is a part of me that was afraid I would then be staring at a vacant room for months with no baby to fill it. Anyway, I came home from Kokshetau and went shopping for the furniture, placed an order for it, and it is due to arrive on 9-20. I know, I know, it is cutting it a little close, but this upcoming final weekend will be busy and time should fly as I “nest” for my two boys to come home.
Ethan and I have been able to communicate well. It is amazing to me that he is in a part of the world that takes two and a half days to travel to by plane, yet we can communicate instantly. We talk on the phone twice a day for anywhere from thirty minutes to sixty minutes at a time and e mail. It fills my heart with so much joy to hear my baby son babbling non stop while we are on the phone. Thankfully between the pictures Ethan sends, listening to Caleb in the background and communicating so regularly with Ethan, I still feel somewhat connected to my child. Ethan is doing a great job as a single dad. I know the days have been long and hard, but our son has grown and thrived under his papa’s care. He is now pulling up on everything and spending most of his days exploring the apartment they are in. He loves music and being read to. He is now finally taking rice cereal daily (and six or seven bottles). He has tried and enjoys squash, apples and carrots. Needless to say, he is not missing a meal. Tomorrow, Ted, our friend, arrives in Kokshetau to help Ethan out this final week. They plan to fly to Almaty on 9-21 and home as I said next Wednesday. My heart is overflowing with happiness knowing that on 9-26 this chapter of our lives ends and we start a new chapter, raising our son together at home surrounded by those we love. Well, this quick update turned into a long one, sorry, but I will send updates occasionally from home once we are settled.
Mary

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love you Mary ! We too are anxious to move on to the next chapter with your sweet family. The fall party will be so great this year with everyone safely together and the trio dressed up. Can't wait !!

Anonymous said...

Mary,
You write beautifully. Thank you for letting us all journey this adventure with you.
Love,
Carol

Anonymous said...

Mary- your strength and courage through the years leading up to this week have been such wonderful inspiration to me. And do not doubt that because you walked by faith, every minute of the journey has been used by our great God to build in to you a harvest of righteousness and wisdom and faith for the years of parenting to come. I am looking forward, Lord willing, to the joy of participating in the next chapter as well...thank you for including us in your life!
much love,
Ashley
Without faith it is impossible to please God...heb 11:6

Anonymous said...

Monday is nearly over. Tuesday and Wednesday to go . Praise the Lord for all His goodness over the last two months.I am praying for a safe journey home for the Collier boys!! love aunt cathy