Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Our Boy



Disclaimer: Of course I (Cat Collier) had the weekend off from the computer so by now you all may know that Mary has made it home safely. Please keep Ethan and Caleb in your thoughts and prayers. And though this is not actually the close to the Collier Family adventure, we will try and update when possible. Thank you.
September 1
I am closing in on my trip to Kokshetau. As most of you know, I leave tomorrow to begin my travel back home, and arrive in Atlanta Monday night. It will be harder than I expected to leave behind my family to return home. But, these plans were made months ago and cannot be altered now. Ethan will take over the blog, I hope he will update occasionally, we will see how much time he has. As to Caleb, he is doing fine. We think his teeth have been bothering him quite a bit. But overall, he continues to sleep and eat well. He is mobile, babbling and smiling. He is becoming quite skilled at crawling, he is moving faster each day across the room. It amazes me that he will have a big room full of toys to play with and the door stop is really the most interesting thing to him. Keep Ethan in your prayers as he becomes a single dad tomorrow. I have every confidence in the world that the two of them will be fine together, Ethan is an incredible father. I just do not want to miss a day of Caleb’s development. Our wonderful friend Ted is planning to travel to Kokshetau on 9/18 and spend the remaining time with Ethan and Caleb. We are incredibly grateful for his help. The three of them are due back in Atlanta on 9/26 assuming all goes as expected. Thank you all for following along on this wonderful adventure we have taken to start a family.
Mary

4 comments:

swooze said...

i know it is going to be so hard for the both of you...and caleb who will definitely be missing his mommy. but ethan will do wonderfully! none of us have any doubt about this. i just pray that this time goes quickly.
i hope you enjoy this bonding time with your son ethan...i see your first step was to make everything monochromatic. good thinking- it's a boys world now-no more of them girlie colors. love you guys

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of Daddy and Son. What a pair!
Of course, I love all the pictures. It is hard to pick a favorite.
I love you all.

Anonymous said...

from Bryant

How are those dirty diapers treating you? Certainly you are reducing the number of days you would spend in purgatory. It is good to hear the young man has a strong will. I would be disappointed if our Lord did not give you a son who takes after his father. I wonder if he will give his presentation one day? We are looking forward to your return and to a celebration.

Anonymous said...

from Ashley,

Hey friend! Just wish I could send more than words to help right now! Babies are a hand full, especially day in and day out, night in and night out. This is what you call extreme parenting- with no other interaction and the foreign country and no buddies in the mix...But GLORY GLORY you can count the days until Ted arrives and then you all return to life in good ole Chatt...It does make one realize just what a gift community, family and the Body of Christ is! REMEMBER, we are still very much here, and real, and supporting you in prayer. Stay close to God...He is the source of life and this a unique time when He can be a bigger player than ever in your day!
much love,
Ashley
ps- what does my husband mean, "purgatory"? Sounds like his late night theology is a little off to me!(smile)